Choose a date
Medieval Madrid Private Walking Tour
Duration: 3 hours
Discover the remaining traces of the medieval time in Madrid, a fortified city with parish churches and market squares.
Our starting point will be the Cuesta de la Vega, where we can see the rests of what used to be one of the doors of the Arab walls of the XIth Century to the city. We will walk through narrow streets in order to get to the Plaza de la Paja and which leads into the square Plaza de los Carros. We will then walk past the Calle del Almendro in order to continue walking towards the Iglesia de San Pedro (church) and Cava of San Miguel street. Then we will walk around the old wall pit and take the Calle Mayor. From there, we will walk down to the Plaza de la Villa. Walking down that same street, towards Bailen, we take the Calle de San Nicolas, where, with the same name as the street, lays an old parish church with a mudejar tower of the XIIth Century, and which is Madrid's oldest Christian monument.
- Cuesta de la Vega and one of the doors of the Arab walls of the XIth Century to the city.
- Old ravine of San Pedro, today Calle de Segovia. - Palacio de Uceda (palace) and Barrio de la Moreria (Moorish quarter of the city).
- Plaza de la Paja.
- Capilla del Obispo (Bishop's chapel), the Iglesia of San Andres (church), the Capilla de San Isidro (chapel).
- Plaza de los Carros.
- Calle del Almendro with rests of the Christian city wall of the XIIth Century.
- Iglesia de San Pedro (church) with its mudejar tower and Puerta Cerrada, where we will taste the Cava of San Miguel.
- Calle Mayor, where the former Puerta de Guadalajara, the most important gate of Medieval Madrid.
- Plaza de la Villa, main square of the Christian Madrid.
- Calle de San Nicolas, where, with the same name as the street, lays an old parish church with a mudejar tower of the XIIth Century, Madrid's oldest Christian monument.
Cuesta de la Vega
Calle de San Nicolas
Things to bring
This amount is for the whole party (1 to 25), not per person and includes vat and all tour related expenses.
This price does not include your entrance fees at optional interior visits (not requested on our itinerary).
Cancellation more then a week in advance: administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
This tour is available in English, French, Italian and Spanish. If you require another language, please contact us when booking your tour.