Choose a date
Price from € 34.40 per person
Toledo (half day)
Discover the “City of the Three Cultures”
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudéjar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also home to the great painter El Greco.
Once in Toledo we will begin our tour visiting the outside of the Cathedral, shortly after we go to the interior of the Sto. Tomé Church with "The Burial of the Lord of Orgaz", masterpiece of El Greco, after that we will visit interior of the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca and finally we will see the interior of the incredible monastery of San Juan de los Reyes. Once these visits are finished we will go to a demonstration of the famous technique of damascened* (Inlay of precious metals in steel), forging of swords, once finished the demonstration you have free time to buy something if you want. We will conclude the tour with a Panoramic Sightseeing of Toledo and stop at a viewpoint with breathtaking views of the city for taking the best pictures of Toledo.
(*) The damascene is an ancient handcrafted art that consists of the incrustation of precious metals in steel
San Nicolás 15 (Next to Plaza de Ramales) – Madrid
The tour ends at underground parking Plaza de Oriente, Level -2
Things to bring
- Printed voucher or E-voucher
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Bilingual Official guide.
- Entrance to Church of St. Tomé
- Entrance to Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca
- Entrance to Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
- Individual radioguided system
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified above
- Return to your hotel
Cancellation more then a week in advance: administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 72 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 72 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
LANGUAGES: Guaranteed in English & Spanish.
Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Block out dates : 25 Dec, 01 Jan
Daily: from April to October
Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday: from November to March
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination
- St Tomé Church visitors are kindlyrequested to respect the instructions of the Security staff: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
We advise to book this tour at least 48 hours in advance
Check in at the departure point at least 15 minutes prior the tour