Choose a date
Price from € 104 per person
Toledo and Royal Site of Aranjuez
- The Cathedral of Santa María de Toledo is an example of the Gothic architecture. Its north gate reminds of Paris' Notre Dame and Puerta de los Leones is rich in Hispano-Flemish sculptures.
- The Church of Santo Tomé holds El Greco masterpiece painting ‘The Burial of the Count of Orgaz’, set over this genius painter tomb.
- Work on The Royal Site of Aranjuez was begun by Felipe II and was completed by Carlos III. It stands out the Royal Palace and the Prince’s Gardens.
- The Palacio Real gardens are the most important of the Hapsburgs period in Madrid.
Discover the “City of the Three Cultures”
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudéjar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived together. In the XVI century, it was also home to the great painter El Greco.
Once in Toledo we will begin our tour visiting the outside of the Cathedral, shortly after we go to the interior of the Sto. Tomé Church with "The Burial of the Lord of Orgaz", masterpiece of El Greco, after that we will visit interior of the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca and finally we will see the interior of the incredible monastery of San Juan de los Reyes. Once these visits are finished we will go to a demonstration of the famous technique of damascened* (Inlay of precious metals in steel), forging of swords, once finished the demonstration we will conclude the tour with a Panoramic Sightseeing of Toledo and stop at a viewpoint with breathtaking views of the city for taking the best pictures of Toledo.
(*) The damascene is an ancient handcrafted art that consists of the incrustation of precious metals in steel
Royal Site of the Crown of Spain to 46 km south of Madrid, situated in a fertile valley on the banks of the River Tagus (Tajo), known for its Royal Palace, its numerous gardens and for have been the inspiration to the composer Joaquin Rodrigo to create the Concert of Aranjuez. UNESCO declared Aranjuez Cultural Landscape a World Heritage Site in 2001.
The Royal Palace, where we will appreciate the variety of decorative styles and emphasizing the China Chamber Porcelain and the Throne Room of Elizabeth II, The Prince's Gardens, the Parterre and the Island is characterized by great variety of vegetation and tree species.
The Museum of Royal Feluccas (a type of long and narrow light boats, used in ports and rivers) was built in 1963 and exhibits the boats used by the royal family to navigate the Tagus River.
These include a gondola belonging to Philip V, although the ship actually dates to the reign of Charles II, and the boats of Charles IV, Ferdinand VII and Elizabeth II.
The Museum of Royal Feluccas will not be visited on October for technical reasons.
Calle de San Nicolas, 15, Madrid, Spain
Same as departure
Things to bring
ID Card and/or passport for citizens over 18 years old
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Bilingual Official guide.
- Entrance to Church of St. Tomé
- Entrance to Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca
- Entrance to Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
- Entrance to the Royal Palace of Aranjuez
- Individual radioguided system
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified.
- Hotel pickup - Drop off.
Cancellation more then a week in advance: administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 72 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 72 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
Toledo Half Day Tour: 08:45 AM
Royal Site of Aranjuez: 03:00 PM
Wednesday & Saturday
This tour is always operated in English and Spanish.
Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, comfortable shoes are recommended
The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination
Royal Palace of Aranjuez and St Tomé Church visitors are kindlyrequested to respect the instructions of the Security: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.